Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday we were once again at chu, having some fencing in mind.  While we were coming around the bend  and  there were cows near our farm inside our fence.  AGH!  I thought, I told hubby to drop me off at the gate and our new (stray/wondered to my mom's house) dog. At the same time Grandson hopped out of the truck and helped out.

I hobbled my way down by the pond and waggled my cane at the cow, new dog "Chawlie" saw what I was doing he took off after the cows and gave them a good chase all the way to the bottom of the property and when the cows saw me and figured they best get out, they did.  OMGosh!  The east gate was down.. wide open!  What gives?



I didn't inspect the gate to figure out what was needed, I went to where hubby had parked to gather supplies and headed back.. mind you it's a good hike, and all the trails are gone.

Hubby said he would come to help me, since his plan was ruined by some other things like the chainsaw.  We all moseyed over there and O'behold there was a lot of work that needed tending to, and it was just not a simple thing. I hiked up South where I left the barbwire and carried it back down.. mind you it's not an easy thing to do, especially when you have a lot of trees and sagebrushes everywhere.. the barbwire grabs anything and everything.

We took care of that, well hubs fixed it so the cows don't come in again.  The rest of the day was to fix the southeast portion to the 'L' shape.  Hubs asked when was the last time or who had fenced before us, my mom laughed and said her uncle.  Yeah, it sure needs fixing.

So last night, we got home---at home--- around midnight and we're worn out completely..  After I showered, and I laid in bed to think of the day's activities.. I looked at the clock, it was almost 1a.m.,  then I closed my eyes briefly.. BAM!

I was still in the mountain the breeze was still brushing across my face.  I was standing looking towards the east gate, and there was an old Navajo lady looking at me, as if I stopped her in her tracks.  Her body was facing where the cabin use to be, her head was turned to face me.  She looked at me, saying nothing.. Everything was so real, I didn't say anything but looked at her just as I would if a stranger came into my property.  She had a dark brown velvet blouse, light brown nice dress (Navajo style), had a scarf wrapped around her head.. she just stood there expressionless looking at me.  I thought this isn't happening, and I opened my eyes.

I called my mom to make sure she was okay, of course she didn't answer.  I knew she would be too tired to answer but it was worth a shot.  IN the morning when I woke up I called her.  She said that was my Grandmother.  My Grandma and my my mom's aunt fought over that land, and when my momma's auntie died, she and her mom had a big dispute over that land.

My mom wasn't raised with her family, she was taken in by her auntie.  Her and the Nakai's were raised together.

Chawlie, a rottX w/German Shepard, wondered unto my mom property and hung out.  A big dog, if he was normally healthy I imagine he would be about over 100lbs.  Now he's full of bones, and I'm sure needs to have shots/dewormed.  Still a young male dog.  He didn't ask for much and was willing to wait to eat last.  He just laid there and waited and you tell me it's his turn he ate.  I didn't take much notice to him.  He was just another stray dog.  Mom told me to get rid of him, I didn't, she tells me to hit him with something I didn't.  I left him alone.

As he got the activities put under his hat, he went to work.  Everytime I came around I gave him food, he paid attention to what I'm doing and either he'll lay around where I'm at or help chase the livestock for me.  One day Grandma saw that and she thought he was a keeper.  Not to me, I told her I was going to take him to Chu and he's gonna be the watch dog there since Hubby wouldn't let me take Rusty up.  Zeus, is HANDS OFF dog.

So, now I have a bony dog with me when we go to Chu.. he is a real good dog, and even babysits Grandson.  Now I pat him and let him know, as long as I take care of him.. he don't need to worry.  Hubs bought dog food as his share of feeding.  Oh, he's a hunter too.