Rusty was put down, if anything is to make me feel better is that Rusty probably only had a few weeks left to live. Our big boy was blind in one eye, another internal tumor, aside from the new one that was forming on his back, he had one working lung, he was bloated.
Hubby did the dirty work, I couldn't go. I knew I couldn't go, I baby'd Rusty for eight years and it sure would have been hard for me. Hubs told me, Rusty got upset with him because his forearm got shaved and they stuck the needle in him. After forgiving hubs he went to him and laid down at his feet. The vet gave him mild sedatives to relax him, just when hubs went to hold him another vet came in and put him to sleep. Hubs said it was very peaceful and it didn't even take but a few seconds, he just stretched out and went to sleep peacefully.
We gave away our dogs, Charlie and Zeus, and that was a horrible experience. The house we were going to rent said NO PETS, only when we were ready to move in, they had a problem with the roof. The storm did damage in that area. We got our money back and found another house in Rio Rancho, there we can have pets with 350.00 deposit and 10.00/mo. for each pet. Too late, our babies went to good homes. Zeus lives with an old white lady, she loves him already and very protective of him. Charlie is living with a large Navajo family and he is loving all the attention he is getting. They love Charlie, it's so clear to see that and I'm very happy with that. That, makes things a bit easier.
Since hubby was so sad after we left Zeus's new home, I told him since our new home allows pets, why don't we get a Shiba Inu? Hopefully one that looks like Zeus? SO, I found a breeder in Texas and we've put the money down for one. He's looking forward to his new pup, he said unfortunately we just have to move on. Well, a painful one for that matter. I'm not happy, but Heavenly Father was calling Rusty back home, and I need to respect that and one day I will see him again.
I know they are animals, and in Navajo you weren't suppose to cry for them, but I love them and why shouldn't I be so upset?
Since I have taken Photography pretty serious and have the passion once more, hubs bought me a Canon 50D with accessories. I know it's because of all the hard things I have to endure lately and he was just trying to make me feel better. He also got my guitar/stuff with it back. And he said when he can, he will buy me another Mustang. I told him 'no', I rather have another SUV, so I can haul my photographer crap and shoot things. Hubby is doing everything he can to make it up to me. Sometimes I wonder why he is being so sweet, and quick to make sure I'm comfortable, and not hungry... am I dying and not know it? I laugh at the idea..




