Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 2, 2010

Pre Surgery

Aren't those PRE surgeries fun?  Well, I have to do doctors orders until Monday.  Double my thyroid meds, 'make sure' I don't drink, smoke, or do any of the naughty business like "AS IF!".  Scrub myself silly with their soap the night and the morning of the surgery.  Take a laxative to literally clean me out, yuck.  And then, no iPods, cell, laptop, or any means of communications.. sounds like jail.  And no jewelries...  That's right no diamonds and pearls to surgery..

I am excited and nervous at the same time.  I will be having a full hysterectomy, so does that make me an "IT"??? ha ha ha..  O goodness, finally I am getting it done!!  It's a load off my front, he he he he..

I will be getting a 6-12 incision across my bikini line, or maybe like the old days 'C section' so they can have a whole few of my belly.  They will send my ovaries, tubes, uterus, to the lab once it's removed, and they will be digging around my innards for more visible can be given the heave-ho..

...well, actually.. the send the crap to the lab and at the same time they will be taking samples from the surrounding area and sending them to the lab, so before they close me up they can have confirmation on what organ has cancer so they can remove those as well.

Grandpa and Grandson were going to be there, but unfortunately.. they have to take care of business that day and the next day.  I'm gonna be out anyway, so I'll be ok. 





Health wise I am still easily confused, and even get lost in the most simpliest way.  Noise, people, and movement is kicking my behind.  

At the hospital there were too many people, and noise and activity going on.. I started getting dizzy while I walked down the hall way.  The hall, the floor, the walls, the ceiling, they all started to rotate and I lost my balance and landed against the wall.  I started again, and made it to the lab, still the chair was moving around.  Oh, it was horrible.  Thankfully Hubster came in just in time before I started to hyperventilate. 

Well, there went my whole day, and I slept all the way home.  Once we got home, I went straight to bed and rested in the cold room.  I felt awful.  My balance is off today.. 

Because of my condition and some loss of memory, I have made hubby my agent, he is to take care of me and my affairs.