Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Still here...


I was thinking about my stay at the hospital earlier today, since Hubster told me I had to write about my Overdose ordeal for my tooth. 

I remembered the young man that played the harp for me.   Anyway the day after my surgery I started forcing myself to walk, at first it was just about 30 feet, and it escalated to around the whole one section of the hospital, which was about 300 feet or so.  At first it was with a walker, then I chanced it without help. 

The last stroll of the night I went alone, and for awhile I regretted because I was in horrible pain.  Since I was overdosed I had extra precautionary stuff on me and I wasn't allowed to have harsh medication.  I kept walking, even though I felt like passing out.  I saw a man with a long ponytail, and he was pulling something.  I was wondering what kind of furniture he was pulling.. and thankfully there were chairs lined up against the wall.  I sat down, he looked at me and asked how was I doing.  I said good as it gets, and he asked if he could play for me, I said sure.  There he got the HARP off the dolly, and he played a tune for me.  It was so nice.

After I got my staples removed a couple of day ago, I saw him again this time he sat by the stair and play native flute.  Sounds so nice.